Hackathon & Demo Day
September 17th – 26th, 2020
Hackathon Is starting
& Demo Day
17 - 26 September 2020, Online | Worldwide
Be a changemaker, work in diverse teams, receive free mentorship, and implement smart ideas – join DN Unlimited Hackathon!
Over the past months, Data Natives brought together over 24.000 hackers to participate in online hackathons.
For our DN Unlimited Hackathon, we are calling data scientists, developers, project managers, designers, healthcare experts and everyone else to join us to solve big questions.
September 17 – 25
The Hackathon starts with a virtual info session at 6 PM CET on September 17th. After this official kick-off, hackers will form teams and familiarise themselves with the challenges – the magic begins!
If you already registered to hack, you can log in and check out your personal dashboard for further information.
September 24 – 25
Mentorship Sessions will help our hacking teams to shape up their solutions, pitches and receive tailored advice from the invited industry experts. They are ready to pitch now!
We’re thrilled to introduce you to our 15 incredible mentors from SAP, Bayer and other innovative companies.
Scroll down to check out all mentors!
Finally, the grand finale!
During The Demo Day, our hackers will present their creations to our hand-picked jurors.
The Challenges of 2020
Embark on the DN Unlimited Hackathon journey and use your skills to answer these questions:
- How can we build sustainable businesses during the economic unrest?
- How can tech help us facilitate positive & long-term social impact?
- What are the ways to enact both healthcare and data accessibility for all?
- How to ensure cybersecurity and data protection in the times of exponential growth of data?
Christian Müller Teamleader Data Generation, BAYER Vital GmbH
Dirk Miethe Solution Architect (ML/AI) SAP, SAP
Rodolfo Gallucci UX/UI Designer, ANCHOVY
Johannes Starlinger Interdisciplinary Digital Health Consultant, starlinger⁺ digital health architects
Alina Kukarina Entrepreneur, Digital Purpose Consulting
Sanjana Basu Investor, Radical Ventures
Gözde Bal Sr. Product Manager, Milestone Systems
Leo Magazzu COO, SafePls
Camillo Pachmann CEO, MLReef
Erika Torres Machine learning engineer, MLReef
Sweeha Panwar Sr Associate, Corporate Partnerships, The/Nudge Foundation
Sabine Petzsch Senior Project & Content Manager, Openers
Annesha Kar Gupta Advocate, Ambassador, Professor, University of London (Student)
Alex Baker CEO, Retail Tech X
S. Elif Kocaoglu Ulbrich Founder, Contextual Solutions
Would you like to be the one to discover true talents and groundbreaking ideas? Apply here to join the jury.
A hackathon is an innovative marathon where teams gather and come up with new solutions to existing problems. There are many global challenges in the world that require collaboration between a wide range of professionals in all fields. #DNUnlimited Hackathon will activate the brightest minds all over the world to solve the biggest challenges of 2020.
#DNUnlimited Hackathon enables you to bring ideas to life. You will be able to work in a team from the comfort of your own home and to make an impact. We will have mentors and judges available for a consultation to help guide your way. You don’t need a complete product or a solution to participate.
#DNUnlimited Hackathon is open for everyone. We are looking for data scientists, developers, project managers, designers, healthcare experts and everyone else who can help – no previous experience is required. You can register as an individual and we will help you to find a team to work with. Another option is to gather your friends and join the Hackathon together. Each team should have a Team Captain and can include up to 5 members. We encourage you to go out of your comfort zone and team up with people from around the world!
- Register here by filling out the form.
- Join our Info Day on the 17th of September.
- Get access to the Hackathon Participant website.
- Network and connect to each other in Slack channels.
- Finalise team formation using Airtable.
- Develop your project, schedule mentoring sessions via Mentornity.
- Record a video pitch about your project and submit it by September 25th 11:59PM on Devpost.
- Present your project on Demo Day on September 26th.
More detailed information will be provided on the Hackathon website once you sign in.
Absolutely! It’s entirely irrelevant what your experience is, it’s more about your interest in data science, sustainability, technology, healthcare and other fields.
The deadline to submit your application is Thursday, September 23rd. You can do it here.
You. #DNUnlimited and its partners don’t have any claim to what you have developed.
- Innovation: How innovative is the idea? Does the approach stand out from solutions that are available so far?
- Impact: How high is the benefit for the patient and other stakeholders of the health care system? Does the solution generate impact for our society? How viable is the solution?
- Applicability: How user-friendly is the solution? Is the solution convenient to be used? How viable is the solution?
- Feasibility: How realistic is the implementation of the idea? Can the solution be brought into life by further research projects or by founding a company?
- Execution: How sophisticated and well-made is the technical implementation?
Yes, we do! This event is following the Berlin Code of Conduct
Mentors give the tools, knowledge and assistance that participants need to succeed in transforming their ideas into practical and useful solutions. Mentors are also responsible for being available to help quickly resolve specific problems, advise and challenge the teams. To become a mentor, please fill out this form.
Judges use the criteria mentioned above and evaluate the projects according to their best knowledge. They are the most qualified professionals who are ready to take responsibility for their decisions. To become a judge, please fill out this form.